Responsible for commercial and utility-scale solar project development. Duties include:
- Develop sales strategies and targets to achieve revenue and profitability goals.
- Take on project development & business development tasks related to marketing/sales, creative off-take strategy, real property, transmission & distribution, interconnection agreements, environmental studies, project permitting, resource assessment, equipment selection, and contract negotiation.
- Identify projects in commercial, government and utility segments from 1MW to 15MW. Lead, manage, and create proposal documents and RFI’s/RFP’s.
- Primary point of contact with clients, partners, EPCs, subcontractors, and construction teams during execution of assigned projects
- Develop and control project budgets and schedules on multiple projects simultaneously and manage people and materials to complete jobs on schedule and within guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree/MBA or other Master's a plus
- 5+ years of utility-scale or large commercial solar project or business development
- Demonstrated success in working with and closing projects from 1MW to 15MW
- Understanding of utility permitting, renewable energy state incentives, solar federal regulations, solar grants and subsidy opportunities.
- Knowledge of project finance, power purchase contracts, real estate documents, transmission, interconnection procedures, and environmental permitting.
- Able to understand and edit electrical and structural plans and perform site-specific alterations
- Must have the ability to manage projects, and achieve time goals, deliver results