The Solar Project Manager leads the project team and works in partnership with field management to build a safe, high quality, profitable project, and improve the total operating profit margin over the original bid. The Project Manager’s role is key to fostering great client relations and ensuring on-time and on-budget project completion. This position is responsible for safe work plans, client communication and relationship management, risk management, cost estimation, contract management and execution strategy. In addition, the PM is responsible for the following:
- Managing the project P&L.
- Contributing to building the project delivery team by attracting, interviewing, assessing, mentoring and retaining Top Performers.
- Enforcing the safety policies and procedures and addresses non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors and vendors.
- Leading the development of the project schedule with the Construction Director and ensuring the team is executing to the plan.
- Maximizing cash flow by aggressively adhering to the project invoicing schedule and ensuring the team accurately documents and submits all receivables, quantity as-builts, change orders and claims.
- Ensuring all subcontractors execute to the agreement and the company’s standards.
- Ensuring the required documentation is received in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 10+ years of experience (5+ in solar PV)
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to lead a diverse group of individuals.
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing complex bids valued at $10 million or a series of complex bids simultaneously with an aggregate value of $10 million.
- Demonstrated success in the Project Management function of a construction firm.
- Demonstrated success managing subcontractors and developing and executing innovative project changes.
- Experience developing cost-to-completes, costing and pricing change orders, and maximizing profits.
- Excellent teamwork, written and oral communication and people skills a must.
- Solid time management system and excellent organizational skills.
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Project or other equivalent PM software.