The Senior Development Manager will work with the Development, Engineering, Finance and Construction groups in the full project lifecycle from origination to construction of wind energy projects and all associated activities required to bring projects to successful commercial operation.
- Coordinate acquisition efforts, review and manage land control agreements, surveys, title research and commitments; work with outside legal and title insurance firms.
- Assist with project entitlement processes, community outreach, and tax abatement efforts
- Identify and review appropriate zoning codes in particular as they relate to wind projects
- Organize and maintain ongoing reports and schedules; track contractual milestones and deliverables
- Assist with federal, state, and regional permitting of wind farms including documentation, meeting participation, coordinate with project managers, and perform other tasks/studies as needed
- Conduct land, market, regulatory, and related project research
- Review and critique critical project contracts and agreements such as PPA’s, GIA’s, Turbine Supply Agreements, and EPC contracts
- Coordinate and provide input to project interconnect requests, studies, and other necessary aspects of securing project transmission
- Coordinate and provide input to project environmental and cultural resource studies
- Review project pro forma models
- Understanding of contract terms and ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s internal procedures, including safety, quality and environment on each project.
- Organize and assist the team in all items necessary to provide a complete bid in response to a RFP.
- Prepare preliminary master development and construction schedule outlining the critical path of the project from design through commissioning.
- Evaluate the existing site conditions, coordinate necessary site investigations and studies.
- Review drawings for conformance with project requirements and budget.
- Assist in reviewing the requirements of governmental agencies having jurisdiction.
- Review project interconnection requirements and incorporate in design.
- Prepare cost estimates based on layouts and preliminary plans.
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in applicable field of study or minimum five years’ experience in renewable energy land acquisitions and entitlements
- 5-10 years of progressively responsible project management experience
- Knowledge of general wind farm planning and construction requirements
- Familiarity with utility tariffs, interconnection and transmission requirements
- Familiarity with project economics and financial analysis
- Experience with leases, easements, title reports and surveying practices
- Technical background preferred
- BS degree
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; comfortable making public presentations
- Ability to work productively with limited supervision; self-starter with proven ability to work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams
- Well-organized and structured with the ability to prioritize and time-manage
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously while multitasking for each of those projects
- Ability to comprehend and analyze technical information; focused, with the ability to think outside the box; high attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 20%-30% of time (air and land); valid driver’s license required
- Software knowledge including:
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, especially:
- MS Outlook
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Word
- MS Project
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Google Earth Pro
- GIS applications
- Flexible and cooperative with a well-developed team spirit