The Electrical Engineering Manager will manage a team of electrical engineers and technicians to provide overall system design for a battery systems. The primary requirement is to manage the design and development of a custom embedded hardware solution. In addition, the successful candidate will manage the overall electrical system design including 208/120VAC distribution for motor, heaters, and control system. This is a key technical position to help drive technology development and provide technical leadership to support Director initiatives.
• Manage the electrical engineering group consisting of engineers and technicians.
• Responsible for embedded control system including system architecture, custom PC board development and system integration.
• Responsible for system design for high voltage (208 VAC), motor controls, heater controls, and overall system grounding.
• Responsible for custom battery management hardware development including next generation products.
• Provide technical leadership to battery engineers to support battery controls and methodologies.
• Manage outside contract engineering resources to support design projects including pc board schematics and layouts.
• Oversee the design of electrical components based upon reliability, durability and cost requirements.
• Ensure accuracy and maintenance of costed Bill of Materials to support overall system cost model.
• Manage engineering documentation including schematics, drawings and specification sheets.
• Create design requirements documents to support engineering and company goals.
• Create test procedures to ensure product performance meets design requirements.
• Work with suppliers to ensure components meet requirements.
• Assist in troubleshooting performance issues.
• Create patent and other intellectual property disclosures.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 10 years’ design and 5 years’ management experience with custom embedded hardware development and overall system architecture design. It is required to have a minimum of a Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering and experience with the development of a multiplexed system that includes custom PC boards. The successful candidate will have experience with both analog and digital circuit design, understanding of firmware design and logic along with good troubleshooting skills. Proven experience with engineering documentation and change control along with successful production release of products at a manufacturing company is required.
The Manager will work closely with mechanical, software, system, and battery engineering to implement the system. Interaction will also be with scientists, product management, and senior management. Level and compensation will be consistent with experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have prior experience in energy storage technology and have demonstrated successful multi-tasking.
• Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering.
• Minimum of 10 years’ design experience with embedded control system development that includes custom pc board design and implementation.
• Minimum of 5 years’ management experience managing electrical engineers and technicians in a product development environment.
• Minimum of 5 years’ industry experience for a manufacturer of industrial equipment or relevant field doing similar work.
• Experience with battery management system design.
• Knowledge of inverters and transformers (high power grid-based designs).
• Understanding of installation and troubleshooting of industrial equipment.
Please contact me with any questions: