The Product Development Engineer will lead and participate in the design, budgeting, development, implementation and documentation of various types of energy generation and management products. Of key importance will be ensuring projects are well defined, engineered and estimated in accordance with the agreed scope and schedule, while providing high levels of customer service. This position requires specialist knowledge in the field of electrical engineering, photovoltaic engineering as well as construction, project budgeting and cost tracking.
The position will be responsible for interface with customers to determine project scope, requirements, and deliverables; producing well defined specifications for systems to be delivered as well as engineering documentation, such as schematics and functional flow diagrams.; select parts and components for robust and effective design functionality and integrate bill of material part numbers into ERP system; develop supporting documentation, including system descriptions, test procedures, maintenance and trouble-shooting manuals; support onsite activities such as commissioning and trouble shooting.
- Degree in Engineering - preferably Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial - or a very closely related field
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of modular or containerized electrical power systems and/or control and automation systems
- Field experience in industrial automation and control systems, or systems engineering strongly favored
- Experience with Medium Voltage (or higher) electrical systems in a product development and manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of grid interconnection regulations and procedures
- Familiarity with applicable NEC and other related codes
- Methods experience in Six-Sigma and Lean Philosophies, CIP (Continuous Improvement Processes), or similar
- Excellent communication and project management skills