The Solar Project Manager leads the project team and works in partnership with field management and lead the development of the project schedule with the superintendent and ensures the team is executing to the plan.
This position is responsible for safe work plans, client negotiations, risk management, cost estimation, contract management and execution strategy.
Leads the development of the project schedule with the superintendent and ensures the team is executing to the plan. Maximize cash flow by aggressively adhering to the project invoicing schedule and ensures the team accurately documents and submits all receivables, quantity as-builts, change orders and claims.
Ensures all subcontractors execute to the agreement and the company’s standards. Ensures the required documentation is received in a timely manner.
Actively participates in marketing and estimating department activities to develop capture plans, teaming strategies, technical approach and bid strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management
- 5-10 years of experience (5+ in solar PV)
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to lead a diverse group of individuals.
- Successfully led and managed complex bids valued at $20 million or a series of complex bids simultaneously with an aggregate value of $20 million.
- Demonstrated success in the Project Management function of a construction firm.
- Demonstrated success managing subcontractors and developing and executing innovative project changes.
- Experience developing cost to completes, costing and pricing change orders, and maximizing profits.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, P3/P6 Primavera and Expedition software.
- Basic knowledge of HCSS, AGTEK, AIA software and PeopleSoft systems.