The Project Developer will drive regional utility projects. Develop sales strategies and targets to achieve revenue and profitability goals. The Project developer will develop a portfolio view of projects, set the company standards and drive high performance in project deliverables to utility scaled projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Responsible for managing 15 MW to 100MW+ projects from inception through project closeout.
- Responsible for cost and scheduling goals and project schedule including: development, metrics, maintenance of the schedule to report weekly to executives on % complete.
- Responsible for project budget, risk management, safety, and quality.
- Ensure subcontractors are in compliance with all permits and laws, and mitigation measures on the project.
- Maintain high level contact with permitting officials.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with the Procurement team to provide conceptual cost estimates for various interconnection layouts.
- Understand differences in substation configurations and provide value driven decisions to various internal stakeholders.
- Familiarity with substation telecommunications and SCADA.
- Oversee the management of the system design and construction process.
- Make sure that all RFI's and Submittals are responded to in a timely manner.
- Ensure all Company procured materials are ordered and delivered to site in the required timeline.
- Work with procurement team to identify and order long lead substation equipment negotiation and execute the contract associated Purchase Order/ associated invoices.
- Work with Procurement team to identify and solicit contracting partners, hold pre-bid meetings, training sessions.
- Manage subcontracts once executed including tracking deliverables, schedules, payments due, managing change orders, and providing notices or dispute resolution if required.
- Manage punch list, demobilization and financial close out of project.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 5-7 years of experience in Project Development or Project Business Development
- 3-5 years of experience in high voltage and/or interconnection of renewables required
- Prior experience in substation design is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of and passion for renewable energy and solar projects
- Experienced with Solar PV and construction terminology
- Excellent knowledge of HVDC, Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) contracting and the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) structure
- Superior project management skills.
- Strong process orientation.
- Outstanding communication skills