This position is responsible for performing electrical power, lighting, and low voltage system engineering tasks for renewable energy electrical construction projects. The duties of this role include performing detailed calculations, establishing construction standards and specifications, preparing technical drawings, and ensuring that installations and designs conform to standards and customer requirements.
Further the Senior Engineer conducts field surveys and studies diagram and other data to identify and correct power system problems; plans layout of electrical construction projects; confers with internal and external customers and provides guidance to ensure that construction activities comply with specifications, codes, and customer requirements; inspects completed installations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications; provides guidance and training to junior Engineers and Designers as project-specific tasks are executed.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Architectural Engineering
- 5-10 years progressive electrical engineering related experience
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) preferred
- Has established a track record of producing work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail and reflects well on the organization.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD/Revit and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC) is required.
- Knowledge of the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) is necessary