The Senior Solar Engineer will design and generate construction documents for commercial and utility-scale solar PV systems. The Successful Engineer will lead a team of solar engineers and draftsmen, and will serve as the main point of contact to clients and vendors, design and engineer commercial and utility scale PV solar systems between 50kW and 10MW in size, and develop construction documents using AutoCAD. You will be responsible for site assessment and analysis both from on‐site data collection and network tools, contributing to or writing technical papers, and site specific production analysis of PV arrays using models such as PVsyst.
Additionally you will be responsbile for completing utility interconnection applications and building permit applications, developing detailed equipment specifications, coordinating activities between clients, utilities, permit agencies, contractors, and other engineering firms and integrating energy storage systems into the solar PV system. You will provide mentorship and training to new and junior engineering personnel.
- BSEE required (MSEE preferred)
- 5+ years of experience designing commercial and utility scale PV installations and systems.
- Mastery of the National Electrical Code
- Hands on experience commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting solar PV systems.
- NABCEP certification.
- Expert level work experience with AutoCAD with an understanding of layer control, dimensioning and scaling, sheet sets,blocks, xrefs, line weights, plot files, and file transmission.
- Experience managing or mentoring junior engineer