The Operations Director will have full P&L responsibility of wind maintenance business including work scheduling, training, logistics and management of personnel to ensure safe, smooth, and effective support for the client’s needs. Overall responsibility for of the day to day operations within the assigned area inclusive of daily work activities and assignments, training, and safety. Establish a strong relationship with customer contacts through demonstrating trust, integrity, and honesty in dealing with each client engagement. Oversight of operational budget focused on establishing cost savings and effectiveness. Conduct periodic reviews of procedures, protocols and processes in an effort to identify improvement opportunities within the operation. Install a culture of continuous improvement and error free performance with all employees and set positive standards and expectations. Support and foster a safety conscious work environment where all employees understand reporting options and opportunities for safety and work related concerns. Review and understand all contracts established with client in support of assigned operational area and ensure that site specific operations are in accordance with the contract and identified work scope.
- 10 years of relevant experience, 5 years in an operations role preferred.
- Can effectively communicate (both verbally and in written form) with all levels of management, supervision and craft.
- Knowledge of field deployment in support of periodic maintenance activities.
- Capable of being the process owner utilizing continuous improvement and implementing best practices.
- Effectively identifies key players and builds high performing teams.
- Capable of effectively managing own time and time of other's.
- Engages support from Labor Relations, HR, ECP,and Staffing when necessary.
- Is able to identify talent in projects organization and develops that talent by making deliberate changes in assignments.
- Able to influence others to improve project and contract outcomes and capable of providing input for a succession planning model that maintains a defense in depth for position evolution.