The Wind Blade Service Manager will assist the growth of the wind blade services division. This individual must have significant experience both with composite repair and utilization of access methods such as wire platforms, rope and/or ground based personnel lifts in Wind. Responsible for the day to day operations to include work scheduling, training, logistics and management of personnel to ensure safe, smooth, and effective support for the client’s needs.
The Blade Service Manager’s primary function is to ensure that business operates safely, smoothly and effectively in support of our client’s needs. Function as the Subject Matter Expert for with client in regards to operational and technical needs. Maintain continuous client contact and focus on relationship management. Communicate with Site Supervisors and craft frequently to understand operational challenges and support requirements to ensure success of the contract. Conduct periodic site visits to meet with personnel and site management. Dedicated field support (training, work instructions, dispositions and customer support, equipment and tooling) to achieve high levels of quality and productivity. Ensure a strong commitment to safety as the number one core value. Overall responsibilities for of the day to day operations within the assigned area inclusive of daily work activities and assignments, training, and safety. Conducting periodic reviews of procedures, protocols and processes in an effort to identify improvement opportunities within the operation. Establish a strong relationship with customer contacts through demonstrating trust, integrity, and honesty in dealing with each client engagement. Input for the operational budget focused on establishing cost savings and effectiveness and remain visible, available and approachable to employees supporting assigned operational area.
7+ years’ experience in Wind energy, blade manufacturing and/or blade field service and a minimum of 3 years in an operations role.
Strong customer focus with product line experience
Demonstrated ability to influence others, collaborate effectively and drive change
Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Can effectively communicate (both verbally and in written form) with all levels of management, supervision and craft.
- Knowledge of field deployment in support of periodic maintenance activities.
- Capable of being the process owner utilizing continuous improvement and implementing best practices.
- Effectively identifies key players and builds high performing teams.
- Capable of effectively managing own time and time of other's.
- Engages support from Labor Relations, HR, ECP, and Staffing when necessary.
- Is able to identify talent in projects organization and develops that talent by making deliberate changes in assignments.
- Able to influence others to improve project and contract outcomes and capable of providing input for a succession planning model that maintains a defense in depth for position evolutions.