The PV Superintendent leads the field operations for DG and utility-scale EPC services and works in partnership with project management to build a safe, high quality, profitable projects.
- Responsible all field operations including: safety, quality, productivity, planning and scheduling, equipment management, client relations, team building, risk management, cost estimation, subcontractor management, and execution strategy.
- Lead and enforce the safety policies and procedures and addresses non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors and vendors.
- Execute the projects through the use of the Quality Management System. Prevent rework, recognizes any potential patterns of rework, and develops solutions to eliminate it.
- Set, communicates, and enforces production goals and schedules for the crews.
- Lead the development of the project schedule with the project managers and ensures the team is executing to the plan.
- Implement effective cost controls over labor, material, and equipment.
- Train Foremen on pre-planning, surveying, plan reading, productivity, efficiency, economical crew size, quality workmanship, and safety to ensure projects are expeditiously and profitably constructed.
- Know the key operational details of the subcontract and holds the subcontractors accountable to their agreement and the company's standards.
- Actively develop client relations to generate opportunities for new work.
- 5+ years of solar PV construction industry experience.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to lead a diverse group of individuals.
- Successfully led relatively complex construction projects such as difficult client relations and complexity of scope of work.
- Expert knowledge of various areas of construction (electrical, earthwork, utilities, structures, mechanical)
- Expert knowledge of the basic OSHA Safety regulations
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills.
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, P3/P6 Primavera software, and HCSS.