● Design solar array structures including preliminary/conceptual layouts, permit drawings, construction drawings, fabrication drawings and material lists.
● Work directly with internal Sales, Estimating, and Engineering & Project Management teams. You will also utilize AutoCAD, Excel & Outlook as the primary tools to coordinate & update project specific information for both internal & external parties.
● Create submittal drawings for use in permitting
● Generating fabrication drawings of all parts for the project
● Create detailed drawings required for installation crews
● Generate associated bills of material for manufacturing
● Ability to work closely as a team including, design manager, fellow designers, and engineers
● Prepares internally reviewed letters to customers and designers for such things as information requests, technical guidance, plan check responses, etc.
● Create and maintain project documentation related to project design and development
● Communicate with project development and project management teams to coordinate design requirements and scheduling
● Experience with Solar Design Engineering as it pertains to support structures.
● Substantial experience creating mechanical and/or structural construction drawings.
● Substantial experience with all applicable federal, state and local building codes, including but not limited to: IBC, CBC, ASCE 7, AISI S100.
● Highly organized and able to balance multiple ongoing tasks with frequent changes
Education and Certification
● Bachelors degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
● 2-5 years of experience in structural design, with 1 year design experience in the solar industry