The Controls Engineer will be responsible for engineering support of data monitoring and controls solutions. The successful candidate will be expected to become an expert in the company's products and solutions, administer and manage the SW and web based Service and Monitoring portals, and be a voice to the R&D organization for product improvement and future product development.
You will be responsible for managing and administering the monitoring portal, managing and developing commercial and utility scale commercial data acquisition, monitoring and controls solutions for the PV industry, and working closely with R&D and Product Management to develop new customer solutions.
Additionally you will support Service Engineering with training and general support, provide Applications Engineering support of data communications, and controls, build customer confidence and ease customer experience by supporting products, and develop application notes, training, and competitive assessments.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- B.S. degree in Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering
- Experience working with peripherals and communications protocols such as USB, Modbus, CAN, Ethernet, TCP/IP, Wifi, Bluetooth, DNP3, A/D converters and discrete I/O
- Working knowledge of data loggers, meters, and measurement equipment
- Experience working with common lab test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, power analyzers and sensors
- Working knowledge of SW and programming or management of SW development
- Experience setting up and working with a development environment, such as firmware loading, debugging tools
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and a basic understanding of analog and digital electronics
- Travel up to 20%