Industry leading community solar company, is looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who will be responsible for leading and overseeing all financial processes necessary to ensure sustainable success for the company. He/she will serve as a lead officer to drive the company’s growth, which may include acquisition or other expansion opportunities for the company. As CFO, you will play an essential part in the financial health and direction of the company.
This CFO position is an excellent opportunity to work for a growth oriented company in an exciting and developing industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic management of accounting and project finance functions as well as directing accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the financial health of the company
- Oversee audits and collaborate with the CIO on technology decisions related to financial systems implementations and upgrades.
- Manage relationships with investors and identify business risks as well as hire, train and retain accounting and finance staff.
- Have prior C&I or Utility solar industry experience, as well as extensive experience with project finance and cost accounting.
- Be a proactive and tactical leader who thrives on the challenge of a fast growing and rapidly evolving market.
- MBA, preferably with CPA credentials
- Minimum of 10 years of project finance and accounting experience in renewable energy, energy, or energy efficiency. Experience in M&A, Debt equity / tax equity.
- Prior experience as a Senior Accounting Manager, Controller, or Director
- Prior commercial solar industry experience
- Energetic with a great work ethic
- Self Starter with excellent leadership skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Outstanding management and communication skills
- Motivated, independent and organized personality
- Able to multi-task and wear different “hats”
- Self driven and resourceful, and prepared to work overtime at times.
- Exceptional MS Excel and MS Office skills
- Financial modeling skills with regard to cash flow and forecasting/budgeting
- High level understanding of systems implementation is also preferred.
- Ability to delicately manage relationships with all financial stakeholders Merger & Acquisitions; Commercial