The Civil Construction Manager will work closely with Project Manager and manage onsite field labor during construction of large-scale wind energy projects. The ideal candidate will have a Civil Engineering or Construction Management background and strong experience negotiating and managing EPC projects.
- Responsible for overall management of the civil construction process, including site management, testing / special inspection services, personnel management, materials/ equipment management, and quality control.
- Strong involvement in pre-construction design, engineering and procurement processes of company’s wind farms, including rendering of RFPs and scope descriptions, contract review, negotiation and management.
- Promote incident and injury free workplace through strict adherence to company health and safety program.
- Provides supporting interface with local and community officials and authorities.
- Maintains strict project schedule and budget; ensuring that all third parties and vendors adhere to said schedule.
- Will work extensively with other departments within the Corporation, with third party companies including engineering firms, equipment suppliers, financial institutions and cooperation partners, and with federal, state and local government agencies, organizations, and community leaders.
- BS in civil engineering or construction management
- 3+ years of experience in Wind Farm construction management, field inspection and testing.
- Previous experience in the leadership, management and mentoring of staff from 15-35 technicians and technical staff.
- Understanding of ACI, IEC, IEEE, ICC, ASTM, AASHTO, OSHA and other typical industry standards
- Previous experience in the management and oversight of materials /geotechnical testing. Understanding of effective testing procedures, safety, financial controls, accreditation
- Strong background in Permitting and Regulatory Approval process with respect to Construction.
- Software knowledge including:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (especially MS Excel)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Project
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and organizational skills. These include but are not limited to: contract review, technical document review, business communication, event description, performance review and new document synthesis.
- Ability to travel (air and land); driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to comprehend and analyze technical information.
- Flexible and cooperative with a well-developed team spirit