The Erection Construction Manager will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the overall process of erecting Wind Turbines and managing subcontractors, laborers, and contractors. The CM will handle reading specifications and blueprints to determine the locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required, and creating and establishing schedules that include pre construction planning, submittals, engineering, drawing creation, material procurement, and fabrication, shipping, erection, and closeout procedures. You will also be responsible for preparing, coordinating, reviewing, and executing submittals, contracts, subcontracts, Purchase Orders (PO), Professional Service Agreements (PSA), blueprints/drawings and other critical documents, preparing a detailed schedule of values for billing purposes and preparing & submitting monthly project billings. Additionally you will prepare and negotiate change orders, deducts, and proposals with clients while maintaining positive client relationships and communicating effectively with all parties associated with the project.
The Erection Construction manager will communicate and coordinate with other project contractors to maintain schedule, delivery of materials, mitigate design conflicts, communicate and coordinate with the Turbine manufacturer and with other trade contractors via the BIM process and work through clash detection.
- A minimum of 5 years of construction related PM/PE experience
- Experience with Turbine fabrication and installation preferred
- Prior Construction Management experience, particularly in Turbine Erection
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; scheduling software (Microsoft Project, Primavera) preferred
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in Turbine construction
- Knowledge of safety, quality, and cost control standards and procedures