The Electrical Construction Manager will be responsible for Wind Construction projects that include electrical substations and transmission lines.
Responsibilities will include participating in project meetings with design engineers, utility operations personnel, the Project Manager, and other team personnel, then using the project scope data and design to create a plan to construct the project which can include transmission line projects, substation additions, and greenfield substation construction projects for utility scale Wind Projects.
You will be responsible for creating a step by step plan that includes drawings, schedule, and other documents, ensuring designs produced by design engineers are ready for construction, communicating daily with project manager about project status, and issues that impact scope, schedule, quality, and cost, attending project meetings. And maintaining good communication and relationships with Owners, engineers and contractors.
Additionally you will be responsible for providing professional customer service and timely response to inquiries, tracking project changes of scope and cost; creating Requests For Information (RFI’s), maintaining records of past and present projects to facilitate lessons learned, and working with management to maintain contractor relationships for future projects.
- 5 years experience as an Electrical Construction Manager
- Experience with Wind preferred but Solar will be considered
- Ability to read contract documents and ensure projects are meeting contractual requirements.
- Ability to work on project sites that may require travel and extended hours.
- Comprehensive knowledge of OSHA, Federal, State, and utility rules and regulations.