The Environmental compliance manager will join the Construction department for utility scale wind energy projects. The successful candidate will work with the Development and Construction groups to ensure the project complies and implements all required environmental conditions and monitoring requirements during the construction phase of the project. You will be responsible for the complete understanding, tracking, management and compliance with all requirements and conditions set forth in project permits, and manage, schedule, and QA/QC of all on-site environmental monitors and surveyors. You will ensure that all contractors and subcontractors follow and fulfill all conditions and requirements, ensure compliance with the on-site Worker Environmental Awareness Training (WEAP) by all on-site personnel, and participate actively in all regularly scheduled construction team meetings, safety meetings, and plan of day meetings.
Additionally the Environmental Compliance Manager will provide QA/QC review and, if necessary, prepare and deliver accurate and high quality monitoring reports, prepare and maintain environmental inspection reports in accordance with permit requirements, and communicate with the Project Owner representatives following any environmental incidents or incidents of non-compliance.
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in applicable field of study
- Must have experience serving as an Environmental Construction Monitoring or Compliance
- Manager for a renewable energy project, preferably in California, and preferably wind.
- Knowledge and experience working under the requirements of the local, state, and federal environmental laws and regulations
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Ability to travel (air and land); driver’s license and safe driving record required.