The Solar Lead Technician will responsible overseeing Sub trades and contractors in various Southern Ontario Utility Solar sites. This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of continuously growing solar assets. You will oversee scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs, complete daily SCADA monitoring and taking appropriate corrective actions, and complete work orders, time cards and any other required paperwork for
the specific project and assignments daily.
You will coordinate with the site Manager in order to maintain cost control of site operations, manage facilities for environmental approval documents and permit related requirements, as well as assisting the in preparing necessary reporting and compliance documentation for governing and monitoring authorities, and implement and perform duties and operating sites in accordance with Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policies, practices and programs.
Additionally you will Identify any hazards and recommending solutions that will limit or eliminate the hazard, operate company property and equipment in an efficient and safe manner, plan and execute Planned Maintenance activities, track and organize identified facility deficiencies with the goal of executing repairs to correct the deficiency, and compiling technical issues related to the solar facilities. This includes the details of the issue and the steps taken by the team to resolve problem.
- Technical Diploma or Trade Certificate in Mechanical or Electrical
- Minimum five years of Renewable Power experience
- Experience in an operationally-intensive business
- Pass a background and criminal record check
- Valid Driver's license with no offenses in the past 5 years.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada without Sponsorship
- Located or willing to relocate to Kingston, ON.