The Solar Construction Engineer is responsible solar projects during the construction phase until operation. The Solar Construction Engineer is in charge of the organization and planning of the construction work including security issues, environment compliance, client liaison, scheduling, quality and budget. You will be responsible for adoption of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
Working with the Engineering team you will be responsible for the preparation of the requests for proposal, answering bidder questions, planning construction, correct execution and conformity to the work specifications, supervision of the construction and installation of the solar projects, supervision commissioning, financial follow-up and ensuring the project is on budget. You will be responsible for the efficient management of projects to ensure scheduling is on time and take ownership of administrative follow-up through to hand-over of all files and documents to the Operations’ team. From time to time you will participate in pre-feasibility studies of the installation.
- Engineering or Civil Engineering background
- 3 to 5 years minimum of experience as a project or construction manager, a general contractor or in renovating projects.
- PMP Certification preferred but not required
- US driver license is mandatory.
- The ability to travel to site up to 30% of the time.