The Site Safety Specialist works with managers and supervisors to ensure safety performance and awareness of all employees under their direction by administering safety and health policies and procedures established in the HSE Program. The Safety Specialist is responsible for implementation of project Safety and Health Plan and for the daily coordination of safety activities with the Project Management Team.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining Site Safety and Health Plans (SSHP), ensuring site compliance with specified safety and health requirements including federal, state and local laws, as well as OSHA regulations and all aspects of the SSHP. You will ensure all safety and health operations and policies comply with the applicable government, program, contract and task order requirements, and ensure the Project Supervision enforces the safety procedures and policies and address non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors and vendors.
Additionally you will be responsible for conducting site specific orientations based on the company site safety and health plans, ensuring proper personal protection equipment (PPE) is available and worn by project personnel, and attend safety meetings with the Foreman and team to ensure compliance.
- 3+ years experience with HSE
- Certified or pursuing certification as a Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) or Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST), or advanced degree preferred
- Has developed and delivered OSHA, DOT and EPA required training
- Has completed an OSHA 30 Hour Construction Industry Outreach Course
- Working knowledge of Safety and Health Standards and regulations (OSHA, DOT, EPA, etc.) and how to apply them to specific tasks/activities
- Trained in Accident Investigation, HAZWOPER, Excavation/ Trenching, Fall Protection, Hazard Communication, Scaffold Safety, Fire Protection and Electrical Safety
- OSHA 500, preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office products