The Solar Project Developer will be responsible for Utility-Scale projects in the Eastern US with a focus on establishing new development opportunities. You will acquire and maintain market intelligence including industry, economic, consumer, and competitive conditions and trends, identify opportunities for developing Utility-Scale Solar, Energy Storage, and Distributed Generation projects, perform detailed strategic and financial analysis, including company evaluations and financial feasibility studies of potential acquisition opportunities, and engage in industry groups to identify new market solutions.
Additionally you will lead the development steps and requirements including: land acquisition, permitting, grid interconnection application, and regulatory compliance. When needed, identify, engage and negotiate with regional development partners to develop projects, and then manage the development activities. Set up and forecast the development budget plan for each project, build and maintain liaison with external parties (investment banks, trade and professional associations, consulting and research firms), and document and report the development status of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, finance related fields
- 5 years' experience in large scale renewable energy (solar, wind, etc.) development
- A proven track record - be prepared to provide a deal sheet of projects that you have brought to the table and are now operational
- Frequent travel within North America
- Ability to work in the US without Sponsorship