The Solar Design Engineer will be responsible for the design, engineering, energy modeling, quality control, and successful commissioning and completion of company projects, specifically solar PV and energy storage projects. You will provide design and engineering support for origination and business development teams including conceptual site layout with Helioscope, conceptual single line diagrams
(SLD), conceptual Energy Models using PVSyst, conceptual bill of materials, conceptual quantities of driveways, fence, tree clearing, MV electrical, modules, strings, and other important factors which support the project cost estimate. You will also be responsible for design of conceptual and preliminary SLD for behind the meter projects where interconnection may be required at existing facilities, design for safety and code compliance, manage third party consultants for design and engineering work: describe the work, price and fees, and review work by third party consultants and contractors and the consultants for contractors and provided detailed written responses which address contractual and project performance requirements.
As Solar Design engineer you will additionally be responsible for coordinating third party independent engineers who will review design, engineering energy models and performance testing, reviewing and managing data results for Performance Testing such as the ASTM 2848 Capacity Test, coordinating with the Project Manager and other company functional teams to determining project design metrics, energy models, performance requirements, and other constraints and goals.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the US for any employer without restriction, no sponsorship provided.
- Experience in solar energy and energy storage projects and operations
- 4-year college degree required in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- EIT (Engineer in Training) or EI (Engineering Intern) certification where the FE exam was completed and passed
- PE (Professional Engineer) license preferred
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- PVSyst, highest level user.
- Helioscope, highest level user.
- CAD, high level experience.
- EasyPower or ETAP user.
- Energy modeling and SLD tools
- Arc Fault calculation tools.
- System coordination study tools.
- IEEE member, preferred
- OSHA 10-hour certification.