The Operations Manager will manage the Operations team to ensure the optimum performance and effective maintenance of Clients current and future asset portfolio focused on C&I and utility-scale solar Projects. You will be responsible for overseeing projects from project development and construction to O&M.
The ideal candidate will be a highly technical data analyst that takes pride in attention to detail while ensuring quality and safety targets are met. You will identify, justify, and implement asset optimization projects to maximize long-term value, lead and direct our current and future O&M strategy to ensure optimum asset performance, manage commercial relationships with key suppliers and lead O&M contract negotiations. The Operations Manager will also manage Client SCADA and DAS software platforms and providers, analyze system performance, identify, recommend and implement improvement strategies and corrective measures and identify, diagnose, and effectively respond to unplanned events and unexpected failures. You will ensure data quality while identifying, rationalizing and correcting anomalies, ensure all assets are NERC, ISO, and interconnection-agreement compliant as appropriate.
You management responsibilities will include managing the Operations team, work closely with alll teams and external stakeholders, prepare monthly and quarterly operating reports, provide variance explanations and corrective action plans as appropriate, and develop annual operating and maintenance plans.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the US without restriction for any employer. No sponsorship will be provided.
- Bachelor's of Engineering or a closely-related technical field.
- Minimum four years professional experience managing projects and people in the commercial/industrial and/or distributed utility solar PV markets.
- Deep understanding and proven experience in PV system design, commissioning, testing, and performance factors
- Monitoring system setup and data analysis
- Experience with design, construction, and maintenance for C&I and/or Utility Scale Solar Projects.
- Understanding of common causes of failure and under-performance
- Electrical construction details and practices
- Contract negotiation and management experience (ideally including solar O&M or EPC contracts).
- Experience with MS Word and Excel, and the ability to learn new software platforms.
- Travel as required (<10% typically)