The Electrical Engineer will have experience in wind farm design, construction, and operation. This position Works closely with Development, Construction, and Asset Management. You will be responsible for providing electrical design (collector system, transmission line, substation) to optimize wind farm layout including provision of loss calculations, providing and updating cost budget and draft schedule of electrical BOP, analyzing interconnection and transmission requirements and risks, and providing support for negotiating GIAs and offtake agreements.
You will also be responsible for analyzing and identifying transmission opportunities and constraints, managing initiation, progress and results of Interconnection Studies for projects going into construction phase. The successful candidate will have experience preparing RFPs, analyzing bids and supporting contract negotiation for electrical BOP, reviewing and approving contractor’s design drawings and studies including SCADA, and managing compliance with Interconnection and Offtake Agreements prior to COD.
Additionally you will support the Construction Site team in all electrical engineering matters for projects going into operation phase and support the Asset Management Team in all electrical engineering matters.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the US without restriction for any employer. Sponsorship is not provided.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, or related
- 8 years of professional experience, with 5 years of focused experience in Wind Farm design engineering, and construction management
- Experience in the design of Collector Systems, Transmission Lines, and Substations.
- Understanding of NESC, IEC, IEEE, ASTM, OSHA and other typical industry standards
- Strong background in Permitting and Regulatory Approval process with respect to design.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (especially MS Excel), MS Project, GIS software, AutoCAD, and Electrical System Design Software
- Excellent English in writing and speaking; second language beneficial but not required (German, Spanish, French)
- Ability to travel (air and land); driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Experience in HV Electrical Transmission Grids a plus.