The Structural Inspection Engineer will carry out site inspections and other field work related to the construction and operations of large-scale solar energy facilities. When not in the field, this position will also assist with design work from a structural standpoint - analysis, load calculations, drawings & layouts.
- Perform on-site structural inspections.
- Work cross functionally with other teams within and outside the engineering department to ensure clients’ needs and internal deadlines are met.
- Work alongside other engineers to generate structural design, analysis, and calculation packages.
- Perform structural analysis for building structures and solar mounting systems such as ballasted roof, attached roof, ground mount, and elevated canopy/carports.
- Produce required structural analysis documentation for the approval of solar permits.
- Determine and prepare wind and seismic calculations to ensure the integrity and compliance of the photovoltaic mounting systems
- Use AutoCAD to generate drawings and sketches.
- Lead or participate in project meetings and conference calls
- Degree in Structural Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant structural experience, with some/most dealing with field work and inspections.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE); active Professional Engineering license a plus but not required
- Basic experience with various structural software packages for analysis and design such as RAM Connection, TEDDS, Mathcad, ETABS, SAP and SAFE
- Analysis and design of buildings and multi-level parking garages.
- Calculation of all kinds of loads acting on a given structure (wind load, seismic load, snow load, and combinations these loads per code, etc.)
- AutoCAD or other relevant design software
- Thorough knowledge of engineering standards, codes, and other applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a dynamic fast pace environment.
- Valid driver’s license