The Business Development manager will be responsible for driving the acquisition process of distributed generation solar projects throughout the Northeast, focusing on projects less than 10 MW. In this role your responsibilities include origination of projects through developing and maintaining excellent relationships with key developers and installers, putting together LOI’s, proposals and presentations in order to secure commercial and community solar projects, and effectively conduct due diligence and close on projects as needed.
Additionally you will be responsible for working with the business development team to coordinate new market research and analysis, organize and keep track of business development efforts, and interface with partners while assisting in providing financing and transaction support during project development.
The successful candidate will perform customer presentations and seminars, attend trade shows, travel to meet with key accounts and partners throughout the year, answer customer inquiries via telephone or e‐mail, and compile lists of prospective EPCs and developers for use as business development leads, based on information from business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- 5+ years of experience working either in a M&A or in a Business Development role
- Strong network of solar developers and installers
- Experience in solar and closing solar deals
- College degree in either a business or technical related degree, advanced degree a plus
- High level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe