As BESS Sales Manager you will be responsible for deploying the companies BESS value-proposition in the United States and developing business opportunities while generating sales for turn-key solution of Battery Energy Storage Systems, Photovoltaic Power Plants, and for Power Conversion Systems. You will be responsible for negotiating utility-scale turn-key contracts and supply-agreements as well as frame-agreements with IPPs.
The successful candidate will attend utility scale reverse auction bids (i.e. EFR, FFR, Capacity Market) for turn-key delivery of BESS or PV plants, run business models and drive commercial strategy, support the company in selecting and partnering with different technology and equipment suppliers, and create, implement, and drive business strategies and action plans to penetrate assigned targets. You will meet or exceed company goals and objectives, including sales, profitability and product portfolio management.
Additionally you will assess project opportunities, implement strategies and action plans to develop and grow sales for BESS, PV, and Micro-grids, ensure company sales target achievement in the area, ensure product pricing and margin maintained within company guidelines to achieve profitable sales objectives, ensure commercial and contractual consistency with BESS Global Sub B.U. guidelines, prepare and conduct Sales and Technical in house and external presentations, and support and coordinate proposals/quotes and technical solutions.
- BS or MS in Engineering or Business Administration
- MBA (preferred)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in business development/sales in utility-scale renewable energy projects
- Proven network and experience with Utilities, IPP, Developers, TSOs, DSOs, DoE, DoD.
- Proven experience working in multinational environment
- The position will require frequent domestic travel in the assigned region and occasional international travel.
- Proficiency with computer programs/software (Microsoft Office)
- Proven expertise in grid codes, energy and power intensive BESS application, PCS and Power Management System