The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for business development and sales in the Midwest. The successful individual will sell directly to EPC’s, Developers, IPP’s, and Utilities.
- Responsible for all aspects of account management and demand creation within the territory, making regular sales calls to existing customer base within the assigned territory.
- Prospect for new customers and opportunities while developing a large prospect pool.
- Develop competitive takeout strategies for key target accounts.
- Develop new business opportunities and maintain existing clients
- Identify industry trends and product requirements
- Identify opportunities to grow business and market share
- Provide solution-selling consultations to customers
- Beyond selling the product work with existing and potential customers on new applications for products
- Work closely with key customers developing sales plans that will allow them to reach their sales objectives
- Prepare annual business plan in relation to their territory
- Prepare weekly call and market reports
- Regional and major industry shows within the assigned territory
- BS Degree in engineering required
- 5 years’ work experience in B2B sales of industrial products via direct, indirect channels, distribution
- Experience in successfully developing and implementing pricing strategies and incentive systems
- Regular travel within the assigned sales territory
- Knowledge of photovoltaic inverters, racking, PV Balance-of-Systems, power electronics, and power distribution systems
- Experience in consultative selling technical solutions and ability to perform financial analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office and Salesforce.com