The BESS Systems Engineer will drive new and emerging solar photovoltaic (PV) and energy storage system (ESS) technologies into projects across the US with the goal of increasing the competitiveness, safety, and reliability of our owner-operated commercial, industrial and utility scale PV and storage systems.
The successful candidate will have a depth of experience energy systems, design, and technical writing. Experience in proposal writing, financial metrics, photovoltaics, and electrochemical energy storage systems is preferred.
The engineer will focus on next-generation storage products, especially with respect to batteries and battery systems. The engineer will need to have detailed knowledge of batteries and battery chemistry, packs and modules, battery management (thermal and electrical), and storage applications. This engineer will be a lead point of contact with vendors and liaison to engineering groups.
- BS degree in engineering
- Must speak Mandarian
- A passion for energy technology innovation, the patience to turn failures into lessons learned, and the perseverance to continually improve energy infrastructure over a life-time.
- 2+ years of experience in renewable energy technology
- 1+ years of experience in storage system technology
- 2+ years of experience with control systems and programming controllers
- 2+ years of experience with IT communications protocols and tools
- Proficiency with common PV and ESS system modeling tools and packages, such as PVSYST, SAM, Homer, or self-built renewable energy evaluation tools
- Possess understanding of construction and engineering principles
- Proficiency with advanced features of Microsoft software tools and web applications
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Detail orientation and shown ability to manage multiple, complex initiatives, acting as an agent of change