The Special Projects Lead Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing utility scale solar components and equipment, leading Special Projects jobs including commissioning and single scope work, providing timely Field Service Reports back to Operations staff for delivery to client, and providing on-the-job training to less experienced field staff.
The successful candidate will be a leader in safe and proper work practices, assist other field teams with a variety of tasks ranging from preventative maintenance to receiving onsite deliveries for upcoming work with rental equipment, and ensure a premium level of customer service. You will spend 95% of time in-field at solar facilities while prioritizing safety and leading site safety meetings, analyzing job hazards, and providing prompt resolution. Additionally you will have strong experience reading technical specification documents, site plans, & electrical schematics, and will be comfortable working up to 1,500 VDC, 600Vac, and operating MV switchgear (GOAB, Transformer switching, Recloser operation).
Must be legally entitled to work in the US without restriction for any employer, no sponsorship offered.
- Valid driver's license
- Commissioning or maintenance experience
- 2+ years field experience in utility solar PV preferred
- Working knowledge and experience operating under OSHA 1910.269, NFPA 70E, and 70B
- Ability to drive entire onsite projects from start to finish while maintaining communication about onsite progress and issues
- Comfort in using and the ability to learn how to operate equipment (skid steer, fork lift, trencher, puller, etc.) necessary to complete most scopes of work
- Position will not require on-call work, but occasional weekend work may be required.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds independently and frequently
- Must have the ability to sit, stoop, kneel, bend, stand, or walk short distances for 8-10 hours a day