The Technical Sales Engineer will support solution design and lead the development of project scopes, bills of materials, technical diagrams, and other supporting materials to ensure successful proposal submissions that lead to quality projects.The Technical Sales Engineer is responsible for working across the organization to create strong technical solutions that create value for customers and partners. The Technical Sales Engineer will support profitable sales in a B2B market and must be comfortable breaking down complex documents into digestible parts, working on a deadline-driven schedule, supporting client demonstrations, and translating between technical requirements and business needs.
- Supporting innovative project solutions and project development to address customer needs, market trends, and competitive opportunities.
- Coordinating third-party partners for detailed engineering design, simulations, and documentation.
- Identifying opportunities leveraging existing partners and clients.
- Providing client demos, support sales, and participate in conferences as a technical resource.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering degree is strongly preferred Required
- 5+ years of professional experience directly related to electrical engineering, technical energy product/project sales, and/or outstanding cross-functional (sales, finance, engineering, project management) abilities
- Working knowledge of electrical design for integrating distributed energy resources (DER) such as solar (PV), wind, and battery storage systems into electric power system. Intermediate
- Operational or engineering experience in transmission or distribution power systems. Intermediate
- A desire to learn detailed design of microgrids, DERMS, and power plant controls. Beginner
- Experience in project origination and development of renewable energy resources at T&D scale (>5 MW). Intermediate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Advanced