The Project Developer will drive utility-scale solar projects and battery energy storage projects in the northeast region. Develop sales strategies and targets to achieve revenue and profitability goals. The Project developer will develop a portfolio view of projects, set the company standards and drive high performance in project deliverables to utility scaled projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Work closely with manager and other team members to uncover new opportunities and drive forward existing projects under development.
- Generate new opportunities through networking and market research.
- Interface directly with landowners, PPA counterparties, local and state government officials, and other project stakeholders
- Manage the permitting process including attending permitting meetings and driving stakeholder engagement
- Manage the interconnection processes
- Develop new relationships with project partners
- Research, conduct self-guided analysis, produce reports, and present information clearly to management.
- Analyze, understand, and apply statutory incentives, rules, and standards in the development process
- Perform industry research and competitive analysis
- Compilation and analysis of data for project stakeholders
- Travel to project site locations and stakeholder meetings will be required
- 3 - 5 Years of Work Experience (direct experience in solar development or financing is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Math, Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, or Engineering (equivalent experience accepted)
- An understanding of land development or acquisition, the electric utility industry, solar and energy storage technology, and/or energy markets highly desired
- Previously experience interacting directly with landowners, PPA counterparties, local and state government officials, and other project stakeholders
- Self-directed, motivated, and flexible self-starter with ability to work independently and to autonomously manage tasks
- Ability to break-down a complex situation into discrete components and prioritize them to drive the project forward
- Able to accomplish multiple/simultaneous assignments within deadlines; Strong due diligence skills
- Basic understanding of market strategy and ability to assess market segments
- Research experience; experience in the solar development space considered an advantage – including experience working with and/or negotiating land leases and PPAs
- Financial acumen and a solid understanding of economic value proposition analysis
- Working knowledge of project-based financial models