The Manager of Project Development will be managing projects in various stages of development from inception or acquisition to financial closing. The Development Manager will have overall project management responsibilities in all aspects of solar project development including but not limited to feasibility assessment, due diligence, contract negotiations, and management of all third party contractors, consultants.
- Overall project management and review of energy production models, project schedules, cost estimation, bill of materials, budgets, scopes of work, standards and quotes from suppliers
- Conduct due diligence of projects including, site visits, contract reviews, energy yield analysis, and site suitability assessment
- Work independently to evaluate project feasibility based on regulations, local permitting requirements, incentives, economics, risks and development timing to reach financial close
- Working with engineers in all stages of project design including conceptual and advanced system design observing regulatory codes as well as requirements, balance of systems, siting, permitting and technical support during development and construction phase
- Coordinate and manage external resources such as structural, civil and electrical engineer consultants, geotechnical and topographic surveyors, major equipment vendors, other specialized professionals as needed as needed to support project development.
- Review and negotiate EPC and O&M contracts, PPAs, and other related contracts
- Assist in preparation of RFP bid proposals
- Assist with technical training to other team members and new employees
- Monitor trends in PV technology and attend conferences.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Business, or Finance.
- 5+ years of experience in the solar industry developing or managing solar projects
- Technical knowledge of production yield assessment, grid connection and electrical substation
- Experience in the permitting processes with local permitting agencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to clearly articulate and identity project risks and solutions in an objective manner
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive and assertive while being a team player
- Experience with photovoltaic performance modeling tools such as PVSyst, utility scale energy yield assessment, and PV plant structural design evaluation
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel as needed, up to 20-25% of the time