The Community Solar Sales is responsible for engaging communities, small businesses and organizations to promote and sell clients community solar subscription offerings. You will be responsible for contacting any and all utility customers via cold calls, emails, meetings, conferences, etc. and convincing them to sign a subscriber agreement, generating leads from multiple sources and qualifying and guiding subscribers from qualification through close of sale by effectively conveying the value proposition and process for contracting, responding to inbound leads by phone and email as necessary while coordinating with local community organizations and businesses to develop partnerships that generate sales qualified leads, and attending community events and assist with outreach such as fairs, conferences and other networking events where qualified subscribers are in attendance.
The Community Solar Sales rep will collect subscriber data to validate community solar subscriber eligibility, record all sales activities daily in CRM, and provide back-up support to our subscriber service teams by answering incoming subscriber calls.
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented, and a team player
- Proven success in a sales role, preferably relationship-based, in a services industry (Community Solar and/or energy sector is preferred but not required)
- Ability to build trust and rapport with prospective subscribers, providing clients with top-notch subscriber service
- B2C and B2B sales experience preferred
- Experience with mass marketing strategies, both digital and in-person
- Willingness and ability to travel within New England in order to close deals (after social distancing protocols are lifted)
- Proficiency and ability to work with multiple IT platforms such as Microsoft Office, Google, Slack and familiarity with CRM systems including Salesforce is preferred