The Project Manager is responsible for technical project qualification, proposals, and technical diligence for commercial solar and battery storage projects. During the development and Sales proposal stages the Project Manager will identify technical solutions, work with regionally driven incentives, and optimize project cost. In this role you will be a technical expert and resource for projects under development during the proposal stage and vetting project specifications and requirements while supporting design documents, drawings, and cost estimates.
You will perform conceptual technical engineering design of energy storage & PV systems, estimate project costs, and develop project budgets, perform technical due diligence for RFPs, advise the Sales team in engineering impacts of site specific or customer specific requirements, and provide technical information to support sales proposals including system layouts, single line diagrams, energy modeling, and cost details.
Additionally you will manage multiple projects, delegate and review project tasks to other team members, develop engineering and estimating tools to continuously optimize cost and quality, manage relationships and sales pipeline with both internal and external partners, stay current on codes, standards, new solar and storage technologies, jurisdictional/utility requirements, and installation best practices.
This role will require travel to attend site visits, team meetings with internal & external partners, and customer calls & meetings.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the US without restriction for any employer. No sponsorship provided.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Engineering and/or Analytical related field;
- Strong knowledge of Energy Storage & Battery systems
- 2+ years of Solar Industry experience;
- National Electrical Code (NEC) knowledge preferred
- Strong computer skills required; Word, Excel, and AutoCAD a plus
- Knowledge of construction techniques and estimating.
- Ability to interpret construction documents and technical specifications.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Clean driving record, as evidenced on DMV report
- Valid state Driver’s license with clean MVR
- Must have clean background check and drug test