The VP of Solar Investments will support the company’s mission by analyzing new solar projects and investment opportunities, leading acquisitions and project finance transactions for single and multi-asset solar portfolios.You will support the leadership team in managing a focused and fast-paced team to execute on various fronts, interacting with the investment community, and in capital raising initiatives.
As VP of Solar Investment you will support a fast-paced team focused on execution of M&A and project finance transactions for solar projects across the continental US, provide coverage for all aspects of project and portfolio financing including investment screening and deal structuring, due diligence, term sheet/contracts review and negotiations, and equity/debt/tax equity closings as well as post-closing processes, and supervise and take ownership of Excel finance models covering proforma, sizing, scenario and sensitivity analyses, and key metrics and outputs.
Additionally you will prepare investment memorandums and presentations for investor approval, board meetings, capital raise initiatives, oversee supporting functions including funding, budgets, cash tracking, and participate in portfolio optimization efforts.
- 7 to 10 years of direct work experience in energy finance, investment banking, and/or principal investing
- Demonstrated track record in renewable energy transaction execution as well as tax equity and debt financing structures
- Superior communication skills across all internal and external stakeholders including investors, bankers, counsel, senior management as well as internal teams
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple work streams
- Passion to work on cutting edge energy or infrastructure projects