The PV Designer will be responsible for a broad range of CAD design and modelling for Solar Developments in the US. Responsible for developing preliminary civil, structural, and mechanical layouts with direction from the Company's team, developing preliminary PV layouts with direction from solar engineers, and working within existing Company standards. The ideal candidate will be able to work with and interpret Client's Standards, create preliminary drawing packages from existing templates, create blocks and symbols for east insertion into CAD files, manage layers, xrefs, and line weights, update permit and construction drawings based on design changes, and update as-built and red-line drawings. Additionally the candidate will be responsible for modifying surveyor, subcontractor, and vendor shop drawings for use in Company drawings.
- A 4-year degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical preferred)
- One of more years solar PV design, design/build, or EPC field
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in PVSYST
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- EIT certification is a plus
- NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional a plus
- Proficiency in ETAP software is highly desired
*All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire. Must be legally entitled to work in the US without Sponsorship.