The Renewable Energy Project developer will focus on Origination through NTP for Utility scale Solar and Wind projects in the US. You will lead the effective day-to-day management of US projects under development, including: HS&E, procurement, scheduling, and budgeting while communicating with key stakeholders, project partners, and regulators; coordination of subject matter experts and contractors; and support of debt financing up until the start of construction.
As Project Developer you will lead project development and project management activities from project conception to start of construction, working to proactively identify project barriers and implement strategies to overcome such barriers, including preparation of annual development
budgets, work on renewable energy site identification and assessment, develop, clarify, and manage project scope, project execution plans, track and manage contract deliverables, HS&E requirements, insurance needs and QA/QC plans.
Additionally you will lead technology selection, procurement initiatives, and project dependencies to ensure targeted development and construction outcomes are achieved (i.e., projects delivered
safely, on-time, and on-budget), lead public consultation and stakeholder engagement efforts with local communities and leaders as well as indigenous partners, leadership, and communities, lead agency consultation efforts with local, state and federal regulatory bodies and decision makers.
You will be responsible for meeting and negotiating with potential project landowners to acquire site control and to provide project information, coordinate project specific tasks including, permitting and approvals, project communications, engineering and design, procurement, and construction review
processes as well as providing an effective transitional basis into construction, and supporting continuous improvement of best practice processes as well as identifying new opportunities to improve project execution and operational efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or related field
- 3 – 5 years of project development and/or project management experience in power generation or similar industry
- Land acquisition experience
- Experience dealing with Federal, State and local regulators, agencies and regulatory processes.
- Possess excellent, hands-on project management skills and demonstrated efficiency in providing project development support on multiple concurrent projects.
- Successful experience with all aspects of project development, permitting, consultation, construction, and integration to operations.
- Ability to travel within the United States and Canada.
- Valid driver's license.