The Manager Director of Origination & Finance will be focused on Utility Scale and Energy Storage projects in the US. Your responsibilities as a Managing Director will include originating development stage lending opportunities for renewable energy projects, developing and managing relationships with developers, banks, equity/debt providers, and engineering firms, as well as negotiating terms and work with Project Finance team to prepare Term Sheets for investment opportunities.
The successfulful Candidate will present deals to management and advocate for risk and return propositions, provide creative solutions for the design and implementation of new loan products for the renewable energy market, develop strategic initiatives and manage their execution, support the underwriting team to maintain focus on most significant risks for each investment, and work closely with the technical and asset management teams to support due diligence and ongoing loan compliance.
Additionally you will utilize internal tools to manage clients and develop new relationships and maintain industry knowledge and provide thought leadership to the company.
- 5 to 10 years of direct work experience in solar, wind, or storage finance, project development, and/or principal investing
- Demonstrated track record in negotiating and closing complex renewable energy transactions
- Undergraduate degree required
- Large network in the renewable energy industry
- Strong command over financial models for renewable energy projects with emphasis on an understanding of development stage financing and milestone budgets
- Demonstrated understanding of financial structuring, including debt and equity project structures
- Strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Value add toolkit, or expertise in offtake, advisory, capital markets, or similar
- Superior communication skills across all internal and external stakeholders including investors, bankers, counsel, senior management as well as internal teams
- Team player who can manage multiple priorities and quickly adapt to rapidly changing deal and development demands, including setting and meeting realistic deadlines
- High degree of curiosity, creativity, proactive mentality, and desire to work in entrepreneurial and collaborative environment and join mission to reduce greenhouse gas emissions