The Transmission & Interconnection Project Manager will manage the interconnection process for utility-scale solar energy projects in North America. You will be responsible for managing interconnection feasibility assessment and application for early stage development of solar PV projects while preparing technical aspects of interconnection applications, Identify MW generation injection capability at point of interconnection subject to reliability constraints in PJM, and manage electrical transmission interconnection portfolio and oversee development and implementation of grid integration strategies for renewable energy projects across multiple regions of the country.
You will oversee technical details, manage external consultants and work with teams on queue process, project integration, design, and interconnection of renewable portfolio, manage transmission interconnections, utility outreach and compliance, negotiating interconnection arrangements, managing power system and power market studies, and dispatching protocols within NERC and RTO regions, write RARF and/or other Asset Technical details for Interconnections in various markets, and effectively analyze and creatively resolve bulk power system issues with the goal of reducing or eliminating the interconnection costs for active wind and solar projects.
The T&I Project Manager must be able to identify the drivers of constraints and communicate potential impacts to proposed solar projects. You will also manage RFP process for selection of EPC contractor and major equipment (PV panel, Inverters etc.) suppliers for utility scale solar project, engage with equipment suppliers and consultants for development of design drawings, dynamic models, or other specialized deliverables, and successfully present findings to other system planning personnel with the intent of changing or reducing the amount of system upgrades required in order to improve project cost and schedule.
● Bachelor degree or higher in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on Electric Power Systems.
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience working directly to manage utility scale renewable energy generation projects interconnection to transmission system.
● Familiarity with transmission planning practices.
● Must have the ability to communicate with system planning personnel to determine the exact procedures used to perform feasibility studies and system impact studies within PJM.
● Experienced to prepare utility scale solar project preliminary design and interconnection application for submission to the utility for interconnection study.
● Experienced to manage RFP process for selection of EPC contractor and major equipment for utility scale solar project and project management
● Must be fully trained in Transient stability, Harmonic Analysis, Short circuit, load flow and voltage analysis.