Summary and Responsibilities
Primarily responsible for serving as a technical product specialist for high-power inverter systems for utility scale solar projects in North America. Analyzes system specifications and requirements, reviews and proposes system designs, answers technical questions, developing internal sales materials and by supports the sales organization through joint customer visits.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Assist customers with technical questions via telephone, e-mail and/or face-to-face meetings.
- Review customer and utility interconnection requirements and help select best products and services. Assist customers in the project design process.
- Create and deliver internal and external technical training.
- Creates sales materials, to be used by the sales staff during meetings with existing customers and potential new clients.
- Analyze competitor products and provide technical argumentation to compete against other solutions.
- Attend industry conferences and trade shows as necessary.
- Serve as a liaison between the sales team and the technical teams and management.
- Interface to product management and engineering groups for product lifecycle and development efforts.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering; Master's degree in electrical or mechanical engineering a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience
- Communication skills (written, verbal, presentation).
- Experience in design or operation/maintenance of SCADA systems is required.
- Design and/or operation of power plants experience is a strong plus
- Experience in renewable energy is preferred.
- Knowledge of power electronics including inverters and transformers is strongly desired. Knowledge in power systems design is a plus.
- Sound knowledge of especially the US energy sector including applicable norms, standards and regulations strongly desired. Knowledge of the energy sector in North America would be a plus.
- Knowledge of solar electric (PV) installation and system design is preferred.
- Knowledge of PVSyst or similar PV system modelling tool is preferred.
- Highly customer and success oriented.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.