The Project Engineer will be responsible for our clients largest North American project. In this role you will be responsible for AutoCAD drafting of electrical engineering packages, which include but not limited to layouts, Single Line Diagrams, and permitting/IFC/as-built drawings. You will develop technical specifications, bills of materials and estimates, quality control documents, commissioning requirements, technical manuals for Utility scale projects.
As Project Engineer you will work with the Business Development team in the interpretation of technical requirements on RFP’s, work with PVSyst is an Asset, follow good engineering standards and practices on small to large scale ground mount solar PV projects in various North American jurisdictions to ensure that engineering deliverables comply with applicable codes and regulations and consult with developers, utilities, and manufacturers to understand and capture project design
requirements specific to geographical area and associated utility interconnection requirements in Canada and the USA.
Additionally you will design DC/AC solar PV plant systems and LV & MV power distribution systems while working on substation design, Protection & Control systems (P&C relay design), and fire alarm and communications systems. You will provide periodic site inspections during construction, commissioning and start-up, respond to site/contractor Requests for Information, build relationships with clients, contractors and suppliers; coordinate with various disciplines and permitting agencies, and maintain records of design notes, calculations, simulations, drawings and other design records in
appropriate project repository.
- P. Eng. in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge and experience with ground mount solar PV systems
- Proficiency in computer-aided design with AutoCAD 2D&3D
- 5+ years of experience in solar PV
- Ability to perform electrical system studies and calculations (load, voltage drop, short circuit, load flow, arc flash, grounding studies, etc.)
- Experienced in all aspects of Electrical Engineering including cost estimating, purchasing and construction contracts development, supervision and on-site inspections
- Thorough understanding of codes, governing regulations and industry practices in Canada.
- Experience in the USA market is considered to be an asset.
- Occasional travel to sites is required; estimated percentage of travel required is 20% and may be subject to change depending on project requirements
- Own transportation to our office is required; office is located Calgary Alberta office
- Must be eligible to drive a rental car within Canada
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must be eligible to travel to the USA