The Commercial Solar Project Manager will be responsible for Engineering and Construction of Solar Projects in the North Eastern US. You will coordinate directly with contractors and internal staff to manage a smooth installation process while providing due diligence potential solar sites. You will be responsible for reviewing and commenting on Interconnection and transmission studies with the utility, managing RFQs for solar installation companies for sub-contractor relationships, conducting QA/QC on our active solar installations, coordinating material deliveries, and managing construction milestones and timelines.
Additionally you will keep projects on budget with experience with Budgeting and contract negotiation, you will have a strong knowledge of power distribution and transmission systems, experience with New York City photovoltaic project management, and familiarity with review/installation of instrumentation for data acquisition systems.
- Bachelor’s degree: a relevant advance degree preferred, but not required
- NABCEP certified preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial photovoltaic experience preferably in Project Management or Construction management
- Familiarity of Installation Codes & Standards, and other governing standards for design of rooftop, ground mount, C&I and utility scale solar PV systems
- Experience with Budgeting and contract negotiation
- Extensive knowledge of output, performance and reliability factors of various commercially available PV modules and inverters
- Field experience in installation, startup and commissioning
- Demonstrated ability to use basic power tools and hand tools
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients of all disciplines
- Highly proficient in reading and interpreting all design, development and construction documents, specifications, and bids, and recommending necessary changes or additions