The Solar Consulting Engineer will provide technical due diligence and development support services for solar energy projects pre- and post-construction. The ideal candidate will be experienced with design, installation, operation, maintenance, & repair of commercial and utility scale solar PV & energy storage systems.
As Consulting Engineer you will be responsible for conducting technical due diligence, independent engineering reviews, creating PVsyst & Energy Models, performance analysis & reporting, on-site inspections & commissioning. You will review drawings, reports, & contracts, create reports of findings with photos, descriptions, severity, and recommendations, interface with project owners/stakeholders as a consultant who assesses technical and financial risk for their projects and assist in determining the financial impact on performance or cost to remedy.
Additionally you will work with the installers/contractors to ensure they understand the problems and solutions to the issues you identified, conduct the on-site activities of technical due diligence, preform visual inspections for workmanship, code compliance, and best practices and preform commissioning and inspections plus testing of equipment performance, as well as construction monitoring site visits, reporting on QC issues and overall progress of construction.
- 5+ years’ experience in Solar PV engineering or construction.
- Engineering Degree or journeyman/master electrician certification
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certificate
- OSHA 30
- Able to take highly technical issues and communicate them in a manner that can be understood by non-technical clients
- Ability to travel out of state for short periods of time
- Have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Able to work outdoors in extreme environments
Must be located and legally entitled to work in the US without restriction. No sponsorship provided.