The Senior Development Engineer will be responsible for technical due diligence for solar plus storage projects in the US. You will respond to RFPs / RFQs while providing technical expertise to internal teams and external stakeholders. Your primary focus will be design and cost estimation while working with the project development team to procure Renewable Energy Projects in North America.
You will be responsible for the creation of preliminary layouts and energy estimates, recommending project equipment including inverters, PV modules, batteries, etc., estimation of full EPC expenses to meet projects requirements, and you will have a depth of experience in the design, engineering and analysis of PV systems and battery storage systems ranging in capacity from 50MW to 200MW.
Additionally you will have experience in proposal generation and financial metrics for PV systems and Power Purchase Agreements, technical and personal coordination with development pipeline, technical diligence for new project opportunities, assessing accuracy of third-party provided
production estimates, site plans, product documentation and meteorological data, energy production modeling for projects in development using PVSYST, Battery dispatch modeling for projects in development, site evaluation for project suitability, project pricing and value engineering exercises and supporting RFPs, Greenfield Development, and Acquisition conceptual design studies.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent technical field
- 3+ years of experience in solar PV project development, analysis and construction
- 1+ years of experience in battery storage system development and design
- Proficiency with common PV system modeling tools and packages, such as PVSYST
- Proficiency with common CAD tools such as AutoCAD