The Solar Development and Asset Manager will manage the operations and development of utility scale renewable energy projects. The ideal candidate will have a Civil Engineering or Construction Management background and strong experience negotiating and managing EPC Contracts, Supply Agreements, and O&M Agreements.
- Strong involvement in pre-construction design, engineering and procurement processes of company’s solar, wind, and battery storage projects including rendering of RFPs and scope descriptions, contract review, negotiation and management.
- Responsible for managing operating portfolio asset operations, including contractor management, contractor negotiations, project performance analysis, troubleshooting issues, and overseeing repair work.
- Provide technical support for project development, including resource analysis, involvement in preparing permitting and interconnection applications, and PPA negotiation.
- Provide technical support and assist in due diligence of potential acquisitions of operating or under-development renewable project assets.
- Promote incident and injury free workplace through strict adherence to company health and safety program.
- Provides supporting interface with local and community officials and authorities.
- Maintains strict project schedule and budget; ensuring that all third parties and vendors adhere to schedule.
- Will work extensively with other departments within the Corporation, with third party companies including engineering firms, equipment suppliers, financial institutions and cooperation partners, and with federal, state and local government agencies, organizations, and community leaders.
- BS in civil engineering, electrical engineering, or related.
- 4+ years of experience in construction management, design engineering, field inspection and testing.
- Experience with operations & maintenance, and asset management in the renewable energy industry.
- Understanding of ACI, IEC, IEEE, ICC, ASTM, AASHTO, OSHA and other typical industry standards
- Strong background in Permitting and Regulatory Approval process with respect to Construction.
- Software knowledge including:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (especially MS Excel)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Project
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and organizational skills. These include but are not limited to: contract review, technical document review, business communication, event description, performance review and new document synthesis.
- Ability to travel (air and land); driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to comprehend and analyze technical information.
- Flexible and cooperative with a well-developed team spirit
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage diverse relationships and multiple, complex projects simultaneously