The Senior Asset Manager will be responsible for O&M for multiple Wind Farms across the US. On the average day you will run monitoring and preventative maintenance programs, oversee engineering & performance reviews and reports, provide contract management of third party technical management entities, and oversee operations and maintenance, including coordination with BOP maintenance contractor.
You will also be responsible for contract management of third party entity for technical management of Balance of Plant (BOP) infrastructure, managing competitive solicitation process for parts and services, producing daily, monthly, annually and other reports as needed for a variety of audiences, and ensuring project permit and regulatory compliance.
You will be the Single Point of contact for utility transmission owner and regional transmission operator as it relates to communications for project operations and use your existing understanding of NERC / FERC reporting and compliance for owner and investor reporting.
Must be legally entitled to work in the US without restriction, no Sponsorship provided.
- 4 year Degree in “B.A./B.S.”, or equivalent, with a minimum of 3 years Wind Asset management experience.
- Five years or more work experience in the wind industry
- Experience with Electrical Sub Station protocol
- Knowledge of multi-state and federal government regulatory requirements related to wind development and operation.
- Experience in analyzing and monitoring programs
- Knowledge of sources and utilization of publicly available weather data sets
- Proficient knowledge of general wind farm planning, construction and operation requirements
- Hands-on experience in SCADA software
- GIS user experience
- Excellent computer skills of MS Office (especially MS Excel, including the use of MS
- Basics and macro programming tools and MS Access, SQL database and query scripting, SCADA hardware and Software)
- Excellent knowledge of Wind Turbine manufacturers and turbine technology
- Windographer (beneficial but not required)
- ArcView (or similar GIS software application)
- Google Earth Pro
- Excellent English in writing and speaking; second language beneficial but not required (Spanish, French)
- Ability to travel (air and land); driver’s license required; position includes some travelling (<40%)