Battery Systems Modeling Engineer will be responsible for achieving application requirements for customers while working with battery sizing and capacities using mathematical simulations. You will provide optimization and economic solutions while using mathematical simulation of requirements, characteristics, and limits to help customers understand Battery Storage options.
You will also analyze data from in-operation BESS systems to track performance, implement predictive diagnostics, and propose solutions & mitigations by providing support for the marketing and sales team to develop and simulate various use cases in response to customer site specific requirements, you will utilize knowledge of utility GTD (Generation. Transmission and Distribution) systems, interaction of energy storage, solar, wind, and other generation on the utility system, and conduct trade-off cost and performance analysis for system sizing (Power and Energy), system
losses, and capacity fade and life projections.
Additionally you will support service team to track sites operation and diagnose problems and issues and recommend solutions, establish relationships with upcoming battery technology developers for technology vetting and due diligence, provide design of adaptive performance warranties performance score warranties, system losses, and electrical response warranties as well as battery capacity degradation warranties, and support distributed generation interconnection analysis.
- MS in Engineering, Data-Science, or Equivalent
- PhD in related fields will be an advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in role in BESS industry with similar responsibility & skill- set requirements
- Homer, ReEDS, NEMS, RETScreen, Energy Plus, Kermit, GridLabD
- GE MAPS, Ventyx System, Optimizer/ ProMod, Power World, Energy 2020, Integrated planning model (IPM), Dynastore, SynerG EE
- PSCAD; MATLAB Simulink; RSCAD, Aspen; Design Base; Gridiant; PSLF, PSS/E; Open DSS; GridLAB-D; CymeDIST; DigSilent; PSS/Sincal; Nexant Grid360